To enhance the English learning environment in Taiwan, National Kaohsiung Normal University is now inviting native or native-like English speaking university students or graduates (preferably with a TESL background), who are interested in Asian culture and willing to be educational interns using English or EMI (English as a Medium of Instruction) at K1-K12 schools.
The goals of this program :
(1) Broaden the horizons of youths through cultural and language immersion experiences and cross-cultural communication.
(2) Establish international partnerships between various educational institutions.
1) 20 years old and/or above
2) Native or Native-like English Speaker Students (Overseas Chinese Students welcome)
3) Enthusiastic in Teaching English (TESL background preferred)
4) Recommendation Letter, Reference, or Institute's Approval
3-12 months, starting from 2021
Internship will work on:
1. Assist with teaching English courses at educational institutions with English teaching needs for 8-16 hours per week
** Interns who have completed the internship with distinction will be recommended as full-time/part time English teachers, and the wage will be negotiable. **
2. Teaching observation and demonstration / Student counseling/ Classroom management/ Educational campaign promotion
NKNU will offer:
1. Language exchange and experience sharing with local students (buddies) for 4-6 hours per week.
2. Arrange home stay/dining experiences
3. Mandarin courses and cultural immersion activities, such as : Chinese Calligraphy and tea ceremony.
Registration : https://forms.gle/KvyvaPfMfMed7Ebm8
Contact Person: Naomi Yang
TEL: +8867-7172930 #3902